[LargeFormat] UK lens/shutter repairers

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jul 25 17:42:06 2001

I just had a lens/shutter back from PROTEC in Uckfield near MXV's shop and
it now runs at the right speeds but another, on a 120mm Angulon, still ran v
slow (although improved) so I sent it back for correction. AXCO in Regents
Park Rd mended a broken Compur for £50 plus VAT and it worked well for some
months but had to go back just when I was going to sell it, Am now trying
IDD in Kent who was recommended and will see if he is any good at cleaning
and correcting speeds on a Compur.  Your problem sounds to be soluble with a
careful dismantle and clean.
If you want a working 305mm f9 ReproClaron in a SynchroCompur, MXV are
selling one of mine for £179 which was less than I was expecting but I had
two and was not contemplating trying to breed them.. The shutter works
nicely.  Philip Lambert