[LargeFormat] 300mm

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 19 07:28:00 2001

At 21:42 18/07/01 -0700, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Get the G-Claron.... I was told ( by who? Maybe someone at Schneider?) that
>the Reppro lens is older with a significantly smaller image circle.....
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

Certainly older, didn't know about the image circle but I bet it is not as
small as that for the 300mm  f9 Ronar at 264mm image circle compared to the
305mm f9 G-Claron at 381mm.  All info. taken from the f32.net lens specs
tables :-)  There is no info on the Repro Claron in the tables - if anyone
has the details then please let me know and they'll be updated.

If you are using 8x10 clearly the Ronar is not such a good idea......
should make 'em cheaper for use with a 4x5 field outfit though.....  The
Nikkor seems most popular, perhaps because it is easier to find in addition
to claims about large image circles.

Still looking for a Ronar.......