[LargeFormat] Rodenstock Web Site?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 16 05:44:02 2001

At 14:50 15/07/01 -0700, Paul and Paula Butzi wrote:

> > There is a gap in my field outfit - the f9 Ronar would fill it nicely.
>
>What sort of coverage do you need?
>
>Two possible alternatives to the 300mm f/9 Apo-Ronar are the
>300mm f/9 Nikkor-M and the 300mm f/8.5 Fuji-C.
>
>-Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the suggestions - I had considered both and rejected the
Nikkor-M in favour of the Ronar - the Fujinon would be nice but harder to
find and more expensive.  At the moment I would probably consider any of
the three lenses you mention as I would like to fill that gap :-)  As you
may have guessed, am looking for a used version.

Have considered mounting an Artar or a Hexanon in front of an old shutter
but both the lenses are rather heavy.  Am still hoping to make the US trip
in September/October this year and keeping the weight down is fairly
important. You may recall that I made the mistake of taking a faster option
for one leg of the trip last year that meant flying in a small aircraft -
never again!