[LargeFormat] Large Format Photographers Vest

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 1 19:10:06 2001

Dear Ted,

     I own several photographer's vests including the one with the gold
watch chain that runs across from one pocket to the other. I wear it under
my black broadcloth frock coat and the two side pockets of the frock coat
are perfect for carrying film holders. Unexposed on the right and exposed on
the left - dark, safe, and conveniently out of the way. I also carry a Civil
War Union canvas haversack slung over one shoulder that can carry the folded
field camera as well as the lens and the focusing cloth, leaving the
shoulder free for the tripod. There is also room in there for a small flask
of whiskey and a pie wrapped in a large handkerchief.

 If summertime seems too hot for the black broadcloth, Dixie Gun Works sells
a great linen dust coat that makes you look like Matthew Brady. Remember
that a gentleman photographer always wears a waistcoat and a tie.

     Uncle Dick