[LargeFormat] Enlarging

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Wed May 2 12:54:50 2001

At 08:00 PM 5/1/01 -0700, Verna Knapp wrote:
>The expert opinion that I heard was that the archival ink was good
>for 200 years. Longer than any of the color processes we use for
>enlarger printing.

The last two issues of View Camera magazine have had articles by John Paul
Caponigro on digital printing, especially with Epson printers, mostly the
2000, 7500, & 9500.  *Very* interesting stuff.  He seems wildly
enthusiastic, and supports the view that these inks are very long-lived.
Personally, I still have some doubts, and will await more rigorous testing
from the likes of Henry Wilhelm [http://www.wilhelm-research.com/]; the
last time I checked, he had some issues with the paper/ink combination, but
I don't recall the details.  I think his website is in a state of flux at
the moment...

\dw