[LargeFormat] Enlarging

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Wed May 2 11:14:07 2001

I'd say it does not matter to me because I still WANT to use
a darkroom. I earn my living with computers. Have for the last
36 years. And I don't want to mess with computers in my free
time. The only time I was tempted by that was when I saw
the same printer (well, the larger format version) used to
print with silk acid dyes on silk. The artist made some
gorgeous clothing with it. The Epson salesman said it would
ruin the printer, though. The ink salesman said it would not.
And the big printer was way beyond my budget in any case.

There is one problem with those archival inks. It is called
metamerism (if I have that spelled right), which means that
it changes color in different lights. If you are trying to
do critical color work, it will be good for the light you
adjust it for, but not for other lights. Epson is working
on fixing the problem, but I haven't heard of any results
yet. It is actually a pigment "ink" rather than a dye ink.

Verna

--

"Seize every minute of life...look at it and really see it...
               live it...and never give it back."