[LargeFormat] Enlarging

CJ Pilzer largeformat@f32.net
Tue May 1 13:28:46 2001

I am no expert, but I have an Epson 1270.  I have made 13x19 inch prints on
it that look very good.  In fact, two of the prints that I made were
selected to be in a "Best of the Best" show of the works of students from
several years at the Montgomery College where I study Photography.  One of
the prints is of a 35mm slide from which I have had an Ilfochrome made.  The
Ilfochrome is hanging on wall in the home of collector of expensive fine
art.  I like the inkjet print better. Another inkjet print I made of a slide
supplied by the collector is hanging on the wall of her beach home.

I don't know how long they will last, but if they last for a while it would
be fine, because I can easily and inexpensively replace them with new prints
if they fade.

cj

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On Behalf
Of philip Lambert
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 3:56 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Enlarging

I would like to make big prints from rollfilm negatives but have no room and
no remaining interest in  wet darkroom working.  Is it practical to scan in
rollfilm negatives or 'chromes into my PC and print at least A4 and
hopefully A3 in colour to a photographic quality- working in the light?  I
see a stream of new inkjet printers on the market and some give poor
results.
Would anybody know of a good printer for up to $500?  Thanks    Philip