[LargeFormat] upgrading a Super Angulon

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 17 13:44:12 2001

I have the opportunity to upgrade from  a 47mm f8 Super Angulon to an f5.6
version, (similar vintage) used on Arca 6x9 negatives and transparencies.
The f5.6 has a much bigger front cell, relatively speaking (it's still  a
small lens). Apart from a brighter screen image does the f5.6 SA give wider
coverage or better corner illumination/definition that the f8 ?  The extra
cost is about $75 but the f5.6 sticks on B and might need a service.  I have
some statistics about the f5.6 but nothing comparable for the F8.  Thanks
Philip