[LargeFormat] cheaper scanner for negs - some options?

TigerShark largeformat@f32.net
Fri Mar 16 17:41:34 2001

Can't you just go to Germany, Switzerland, or the Netherlands or so and buy
one there .... Take it apart, ship it to yourself in parts ..... or smuggle
it across borders, or even declare as used machine or replacement part ....

TS

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On Behalf
Of Frantisek
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 11:56 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net; largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] cheaper scanner for negs - some options?

        Thanks for the tip. SM4 would be great of course. But although it
gets
discontinued, the _creeps_ here in Czech selling it have not lowered the
price even one crown. So it still sits at twice the price of X12USL. I
checked the link from this list, and the dealer there in USA sells SM4 at
HALF THE PRICE they sell in Czech! I was frustrated when I noticed that
shipping/handling would cost me additional 400$ :( I hope perhaps they will
lower the price here too, or I can get one from some European dealer
(smuggling it into Czech rep. :)
Thanks
        Frantisek (anything optical that's produced by _computer_ company
stinks.
Just what lenses does Epson or others put into their scanners? I guess some
uncoated singlets :)