[LargeFormat] paper

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 15 05:28:00 2001

Dear Les,

     You have to learn to trust me. Chromic acid crystals are great for
trenchmouth or Vincent's Gingivitis as we in the trade call it. I keep a
large jar* of the flakes in the surgery and when someone comes in with the
characteristic lesions between the teeth, the weird breath**, and the pain
I:

1.     Run the ultrasound scaler between the teeth.

2.     Pick up the teeth that have rattled loose and put them back in their
sockets.

3.     Mix up a flake of chromic acid with water in a dappen dish and daub
the resultant yellow paint on the interdental papillae.

4.     Send the patient away with a soft brush, a packet of " Amosan ", and
bright yellow teeth.

    They nearly always survive and many pay their bill, so it can generally
be counted a success. And mixed in a strong hot solution, yes, it will do a
great job of cleaning the slots of my Nova tank.

    Sorry for the blank post a little while ago. One of the buttons on the
computer leapt out at me and I had to push it back in place.

    Uncle Dick

* Like enough for the next century. That is why I use it at home as well.

** It's like diptheria - you can diagnose a case down the other end of a
streetcar from the characteristic smell.