[LargeFormat] paper

Don Wilkes largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 14 17:06:16 2001

At 01:21 PM 3/14/01 -0800, Les Newcomer wrote:

>The part of the equation I have yet to solve is the paper. Without going
>to POP and gold toning, I haven't found a paper with a white base and a
>warm to red black.  I can either find blinding white and neutral to cold
>black or ektalure which is a cream base.

Les:

Have you investigated Agfa papers?  They market something with a name like
"Classic", which I think is probably similar to the old Portriga Rapid, a
warm-tone paper.  I haven't tried this paper myself; I'm still settling in
to darkroom work again after a long, long absence, and am concentrating on
'vanilla' paper.  Is Ilford's warm-tone paper to bright in the base for you?

Cheers,
\don