[LargeFormat] Polaroid in winter

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 5 04:28:00 2001

At 16:54 05/03/01 +0800, Stein wrote:
>Dear Dave,
>
>      We're up to twenty five and the count is rising. Would someone in
>America please go round Dave's and see if he is slumped unconscious on the
>repeat button. Thanks.
>
>      Uncle Dick

Thanks for that Dick, made me laugh on a Monday morning - fairly unusual :-)

Maybe it was some frozen water on the keyboard or it was sent from a
handheld or PDA and Dave has been sitting on the thing whilst contemplating
composition of that waterfall.   Anyway, am sure that Dave has it sorted as
the messages have stopped.

Was looking forward to a good read this morning as all those EMails came
flooding into the InBox.......

Photography this weekend was limited to some copy work for kid's art - but
the mention of Polaroid reminds me that there are several unopened boxes of
4x5 B&W Polaroid film sitting in the film store.  Kept at a low temperature
but not in a fridge or frozen and all well past its sell by date.  Will
have to dig some out and use it with a Speed Graphic just to get the feel
of what it must have been like to use a 4x5 in reportage style.......

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography