[LargeFormat] Winter shooting (was Re: magnola)

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 28 11:28:47 2001

At 17:46 21/02/01 +0000, Clive Warren wrote:
>Clive Warren wrote:
> > guess everyone is busy taking photos now that the weather has started to
> > change.
> >
>Not here in Montreal, Clive! Saturday started at -1 Celsius, dropped to -12 C
>during the night with gusting winds, continued that way on Sunday. Monday was
>hardly better at -5C with 12cm of snow, continuing on Tuesday with temperature
>then rising to +5C... If you can figure that one out, let me know (its global
>something, I guess, but I have'nt figure it out myself). Hardly a weather for
>LF shooting outside in my own case...
>Guy

Outside now is a blizzard (Bristol, England) - just when we started to
think that Spring was on the way. Scotland is completely munted (as we say
here in new media circles) - snowed in and everything brought to a halt.

Seems that we may lose the chance of a bumper fruit crop again this year if
the weather suddenly warms up and then freezes a few days later. I worry
about my plums :-)

Anyway, a little snow shower is nothing to Montreal - just found out that
my sister has been there for while on a secondment.

Looks like there's still time to get a few shutters sorted before serious
shooting this year.

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography