[LargeFormat] Neatsfoot Oil on Bellows?

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 22 13:22:50 2001

Neatsfoot oil is great for harnesses but like Mr. Ruth I'd be afraid it
would attack the glue.

I've used Lexol on the non bellows leather on all of my cameras where
the leather was still sound. This is used by several museums, but I
still use it sparingly.

As to damage done, I'm not sure what to tell you. trying to remove it
may do more harm than good, since any solvent for neatsfoot oil could
effect the glue, and non solvent remedies use elbow grease and an
abradative (brush,etc) again not great on fine leather.

Les