[LargeFormat] Scanning B&W negs in colour

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 21 22:33:46 2001

The software scans my negs as negs some of the time - either I am having a
challenge with the software or there is a bug.

You may also want to look into VueScan from Hamrick software - its an
aftermarket scanner software (www.hamrick.com) it supports some MicroTek
flatbed scanners - cost is $40. Based on what I have learned on the list
there are some advantages/disadvantages with respect to Silverfast. I don't
follow that portion - I am aware of the advantages of Vuescan over the
CanoScan software, unfortunately it does not work with the USB-based UMAX I
own.

My cats have a major love for my LF gear - I've had to move it as they broke
into the closet it was stored in and treated it as their preferred sleeping
place. There is nothing so annoying as a cat meowing to get into a cabinet
to sleep on your gear. Oh, well they re-discovered the fish tank last month.

regards Dave