Shutter Speed Testing (was Re: [LargeFormat] rest)

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 12 15:00:01 2001

At 12:30 12.2.2001 +0000, Clive Warren wrote:
>Probably one of the easiest ways to check out your meter is to pop along to
>the local camera store with your CdS meter (if there is one in your
>location) and ask to have a look at some new high-end light meters.  I
>think you can guess the rest - up to the part where you say that you think
>that analogue is so much easier to read than digital and look forward to
>the time when the manufacturers bring out a digital meter with an analogue
>display ;-)
>All the best,
>                 Clive   http://www.f32.net

Clive, very nice suggestion but I think I should not abuse my local camera
shops any longer ;-) I used to just go there and try out equipment when I
was starting in photography back then, and still I frequent them so much
looking for nice used lenses etc... that they know me by sight :)
I would just ask to "have a close look" at one particular item I knew I
wouldn't buy, just to try it out and fondle it (like a Pentacon Super,
Leica copies, rarer lenses,...)

Frantisek