[LargeFormat] Large Format Lenses

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 4 13:34:08 2001

Oh, I'm pretty nutty about lenses, too; but I'm not in a huge hurry,
am willing to wait until I find the right lens for the right price
(cheap). For example, I picked a couple of candidates for a 150 more
or less, Fuji or Rodenstock Sironar S, then started the search. It
took a month or so elapsed time, but I did find a great 5.6 Fuji 150 W
for $205 + shipping. Same with a super wide, really wanted something
between a 47 XL and 72 XL; but there was no way I would buy a new one
(just bought a new old house and lost a huge pile in the stock market,
even so almost convinced myself to get the 58 XL for around $800),
found a 58 mm Grandagon for $250, it's wonderful, and it's unlikely
I'll lose money when/if I resell it.

My 8x10 is coming along very nicely. It's going to take another few
days to get my new old woodworking shop fully functional; but I've now
got all the tools and most of the wood I need to make the cameras,
it's completely designed down to materials and exact measurements,
should start the actual building in a week or two at most, might even
have something to use in a couple of months.

Pam