[LargeFormat] Newbie Here

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 1 16:40:00 2001

Depending on the lenses you'll want to use, which in turn determines
the bellows length you'll require, you may want to take a look at the
Gowland Pocket View. I found a used Calumet labelled one for not much
money that I'm rapidly falling in love with, weighs just a bit more
than 3 lbs. It's slightly modified from the straight Gowland; but if
you can live with 250 mm or less or if you can use telephotos for
longer lengths, its 12"+ bellows should be fine. OTOH, if you want to
use longer lenses, not telephoto, you'll need to get longer bellows,
which is where the Wisner (don't think the Pocket Expedition version
is all that heavy), Ebony, Phillips, and Canham shine. I don't know
much about the Master Technikna.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer