[LargeFormat] film holders

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 24 17:00:17 2001

At 2:37 pm -0700 24/1/01, Karl Wolz wrote:
snip
>  >
>>  Well at least film is still sold in 4x5, 5x7, 8x10 etc. Would be a
>>  nightmare if that went metric :-)  Sounds as though you'll have to be
>>  on your guard....
>>
>  > --
snip

>Some films are available in metric sizes (i. e. 9x12, etc.).  Are these
>sizes in common usage in Europe?
>
>I do know that you Brits tend to use your films backwards from us in the
>States (5x4 vs. 4x5 ;-)), but I've always wondered who uses the metric
>sizes.

Karl Wolz

Hello Karl,

The metric size of 5x7 is available in Germany - as for other parts
of Europe I have no idea....

I have a few metric 5x7 holders here if anyone needs them :-)

Her in the UK we use the traditional inch sizes, although as you say
we tens to give the longer measurement first - I though it was you
guys who had it backwards ;-)
--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography