[LargeFormat] LF Camera Case

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 10 04:22:01 2001

At 06:11 09/01/01 -0500, Philip wrote:
>I built a 8x10 monorail camera and was wondering what type of case's or
>trunks that everyone uses to haul there equipment around. Now that my
>camera is done I want to start designing a case to haul it around
>instead of using the seat belt on the car or truck. We do mostly
>landscape work and most of the time do not venture to far from the
>truck.
>snip

My complete 4x5 field outfit fits into two camera bags with shoulder
straps. The bag holding the camera and four lenses has space for a couple
of Grafmatics on each end of the bag.  If I am moving around for some
distance then everything gets slung around my neck, together with another
small bag for additional film holders/Grafmatics.

For moving the kit around where there is paved road or at least a track, or
in the city, I use a US built folding luggage carrier with two reasonably
sized wheels which was bought from LA airport a long time ago.  It was
guaranteed for life - don't know whether that meant the life of the carrier
or mine :-)  The carrier has integral straps which go around the bags and
keep them securely fastened to the carrier. The tripod is in a bag which
has a shoulder strap and is fairly comfortable to carry.

Your 8x10 outfit may be a little too big to fit on a similar carrier - my
8x10 B&J will fit if placed in a bag.

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography