[LargeFormat] Kodak 7 1/2" Ektar Coverage?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 5 04:50:00 2001

Just picked up a 7 1/2" Ektar in the continuing search for a standard lens
for my 5x7 field outfit. The glass has cleaned up well and the shutter has
been swamped with oil so it will have to be CLA'd, apart from that it looks
as though it will cover 5x7 - has anyone used one of these lenses?  If so I
would be interested to find out a little more about coverage and performance.

Generally, the Ektars are superb with good colour balance and well
corrected. The only Ektar I have heard negative comments about is the 152mm
- maybe someone on the list has tried this one also......  The 7 1/2" will
probably cover 5x7 but I need to know about potential for movements using
the lens.

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography