[LargeFormat] Snowy Landscapes

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 1 07:18:07 2001

If you want the snow to look like snow and detail in the shadow, take
a reading of your palm in shadow, open one stop (or of a zone V gray
card, which reading you can use directly without opening). Then you
may want to warm up the blue shadows a bit, so use a filter,
incorporate the filter factor. Since Provia is color transparency
film, if and only if the sun is out, you can close down a stop to gain
additional saturation.

Pam