[LargeFormat] A daylight tank for 4x5

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 22 15:17:32 2000

You have several options:

1. Just remove the film from the holder with the levers set to NOT
break the pods for processing

2. Carry a small bucket or negative sized container of water, process
on site, throw the negative in the water to hold until you get to a
good processing place.

3. Same as #2 except put sodium sulfite in the container, can hold the
negatives in this for a couple of days or so with no problems.

Calumet sells a little bucket, I have an old one from Polaroid whose
top screws on tight enough to avoid leaking from an upright position.

You do have to coat the positive if you'll be keeping it. BTW,
typically the positive and negative require different exposures;
although several photographers will expose for the negative, figure
the positive at that point is good enough for proofing, whatever.

You can get Polaroid sheet film data sheets in pdf at:

http://instantphoto.polaroid.com/service/filmdatasheets/index.html

Pam