[LargeFormat] The old vs new list saga

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 13 10:03:01 2000

Dear All,

Have just returned home after being away for a few days and find that
there is personal EMail from Luis and a lot of traffic on the old
list!

It seems that Luis is now unhappy about the transfer of the list
after initially handing over to the new list before my departure.

I do not want to become involved in any wrangling here. This new list
has many advantages and I hope that people will find the advantages
useful. I am paying for the hosting of the list and am asking nothing
in return. If you want to stay with the old list then fine - however
I have not been archiving the old list from last Friday and will be
unsubscribing myself on Friday the 15th December. This is the date I
suggested to Luis for closing down the old list completely.

The problems with the old list are advertising within each EMail
(which has progressed to embedded banner ads) and limited facilities.

I have put a lot of work into setting up the new list - guess this
will sort itself out. I hope that the change of hosting service is
resolved amicably but have nothing more to say on the subject!

Peace,

         Clive.