[LargeFormat] Enlargers and Glass Neg Holders

Lee Carmichael largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 7 18:01:28 2000

Clive,
         For several years I printed with a 5x7 Elwood it had a diffusion
light source and a glass carrier.  I never had Newton Rings.  I did have a
lot of dust, but I learned how to deal with it.  Clean with soap and water
and dry them very dry before you put the neg in place.  I suspect that some
of the reason I had little or no spotting was because of the diffused light
source.  Condensers exaggerate the problem, IMO.  I now have a D-2 with the
VCL 4500 coldlight that Aristo makes and still not much dust.  YMMV.