[Jacob-list] sick ewe next day

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:05:46 EDT 2006

well mandy spent the night on her side, yes i was with the vet yesterday.
he seemed to have no suggestions though, as big animals vets seem to be not
much consulted in my area.  I am giving her drenchs with glycol-p to keep
some energy.

she seems peaceful and i hate the thought of just giving up on her.  her
current symptoms are tightness of muscles in her back, not spasmic but tight
as if she is straining.  her breathing is laboured but reasonably deep.  she
is on her side and kicks her legs often.

I gave her shots of cal mag phos in case it was low calcium levels, she has
always had loose minerals though.

her eyelids were pink and none of the other animals show worm signs, but i
wormed her anyways just in case.

funny thing is, yesterday morning when she was perfectly fine i noticed she
got caught in the electric fence wire, it was turned off, by the time i got
out there she had freed herself.  I suppose the two are unrelated but it got
me wondering if she injured something...

besides the glycol-p is there something i could give her to ensure she has a
calm stomach, she did not appear to be bloated but if there is a benign
treatment that won't have side effects, someone mentioned yogurt?

again many thanks
Tom