[Jacob-list] COB?

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Aug 25 19:24:59 EDT 2006

For those of you that feed COB (corn, oats, barley), what is the ratio?

I've been using a nice mix of whole grains from a small local mill, but they shut down last week.  I'm not graining at all now and probably won't for about another month and then only lightly until later in gestation.  I use a good mineral mix and put out the nutritional tubs from Blue Seal when needed.  Our hay is Russell Bermuda (and it's pretty nice hay) and I use alfalfa pellets at times during the year.

Is COB going to be enough as the only grain for flushing, late gestation, lactation and starting lambs?

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com