[Jacob-list] Ivermectin paste dewormer

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 21:59:49 EDT 2006

>>I usually use Ivermectin injectable and Safeguard paste to worm. Has
anyone used the Ivermectin paste for their sheep? If >>so, do you use horse
or cattle. How do you dose the sheep?

>>Thank you,
>>Cheryl
============
I read that the paste is best for treating worms that are in the digestive
tract.  For lungworms, I don't know which is best, good question to ask a
vet.  I use the horse paste because it is easy to get (even Wal-Mart
carries it), easy to give, and I use it all, no waste.  I use the weight
measurements printed on the paste tube, I read that the dose should be
doubled for sheep due to some resistance to the product by the parasites.
Once I accidently gave the pygmy goat enough Ivermectin paste to deworm an
entire horse, the plastic lock on the tube wasn't in the right position.  I
thought I killed him.  He survived like nothing happened, no parasites
that's certain.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho