[Jacob-list] Dry cough...

Karen karen at benjaminfarms.com
Mon Aug 7 21:06:25 EDT 2006

    We are Hot and dry here.  I have noticed on my more congested sheep,
they can get a dry cough.  I have come to the conclusion that when it is
hot... my sheep pant, causing them to get a bacterial  or respitory
infections. In some cases with the runny noses, getting worms in their
noses and lungs. I do put some antibodic in the water and cider vinegar
to help me get them thru the hot days.  Once we dropped back into the
80's then I will worm good.  I have even given some of my ewes, with
really runny noses, some allergy medicine just to help dry them up.
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms   Utah