[Jacob-list] Flock Reduction in Ohio

Heather Hettick hettick1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 09:43:59 EDT 2006

Flock Reduction
  I am not ready to get rid of my Jacobs yet but I need to do a major reduction this year. I have too many and am having problems managing them all. I know summer isn’t ideal for moving sheep but at least it’s before breeding season.

  I plan to keep my ram, most senior ewes and a couple ewe lambs my kids are attached to and we are showing at the fair. I don’t care so much about selling ram lambs or wethers as I’ve got orders for meat but I do have 3 nice 4 horned ram lambs if anyone is interested.

  I have a lot of nice ewe lambs this year. All are 4 horned, a couple have nicer long fleeces but all the fleeces are nice. One is very large with a nice textured but shorter fleece. I have a triplet with really nice fleece but light face markings. Two have forward pointing top horns and weak side horns. I have them priced out between 100 and 200 but will discount for multiple purchases.  Let me know if you want pictures or more information.

  Magnolia (adult ewe) - 4 strong horns, nice long fleece, dark and freckled, good mother
  Magnollia’s ewe lamb - beautiful long fleece 4 horns
  Magnolia’s ram lamb - 4 strong striped horns places very nicely, lighter face markings, nice fleece
  Periwinkle (adult ewe) - lilac 4 horns, top horns point forward,side horns weak , probably scurs, nice fleece, good mother
  Periwinkle’s darker ewe carries lilac, forward top horns, weak side horns
  Periwinkle’s lighter ewe Carries lilac smaller and nicer fleece than sister sith similar horns
  Hazel’s ewe “Marilyn” Twin - long dark fleece, very pretty, 4 horns
  Thistles triplet ewe “Hermione” carries lilac
  Thistle's triplet ram "Harry" lilac, strong horns touch at base, longer wool
  Sweat Pea’s ram lamb Twin - lots of color, handsome horns, extremely nice fleece with small crimps and soft texture, freckles
  Orchid’s ewe lamb “Dot” twin

  Email me for a price list and with questions and I will work on getting some current pictures.

  Heather Hettick
  Moonstruck Farm
  Creston, OH