[Jacob-list] Seasonal Breeding

Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Thu Aug 3 20:47:27 EDT 2006

Hi Meg,
I lamb in Jan/Feb for several reasons.   Usually the winters in southeastern Pa are not that severe.   Also,  I show at the Md Sheep & Wool Festival and lambs must be born on or before Feb 15th to be shown there.  The more lambs I have by then, the more I have to choose from.   Having lambs earlier also means my culls will be bigger for the Easter trade.  And lastly, having lambs in Jan/Feb makes winter pass more quickly, thus spring gets her sooner.  :-)
Royal