[Jacob-list] LGDs

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 3 14:35:52 EDT 2006

We've had Danny-Boy for over five years. He wants to mount the rams
in the Fall. For the first 3 or 4 years, we had no problems with him
in a pasture with the ewes, but he would bother the ram when we put
him in for breeding. The ram would promptly beat him about the legs
and put Danny-Boy in his place. Last year, we left him in with the
ram lambs a little too long and he smothered one of them. Totally, my
fault, I saw the behavior starting and knew I should move the ram
lambs, but they were in an accessible pasture and I was working with
a couple of them to take them to a Fall show and I ended up taking
one less to show than I had planned on.
Debbie