[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Jul 23 17:23:46 EDT 2003

We just have five elderly hens, but they are free roaming and they do a great job of
keeping the flies down. Sorta gross to mention, but they also do a good job of
cleaning up the dog tapeworm segments.
Around here, we have alot of white faced hornets (the ones that build big paper
nests).  I've seen the hornets actually catch a fly in the air.  We try to leave as
many nests as we can that are out of our way.  The do pack a very nasty sting.  We
had one hanging pretty high in a tree not far from our front door.  It seems safe to
leave it there - until the day we got the new refrigerator!  It was tall enough in
the back of the truck to hit the nest and really get them going - Dave sure got
those truck windows rolled up fast!

Linda
Come see what's new at Patchwork Farm:
www.patchworkfibers.com/whatsnew.htm