[Jacob-list] RE: sheep and bees

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Sun Jul 13 15:34:54 EDT 2003

I have no experience with hives, but did have one of the ewes last summer
have a very serious reaction to some stings.  Whether it was bees or
wasps, I don't know.  Could have been either, but it seemed like she had
gotten into a bunch of them whatever it was.  Anyway, her whole face
swelled up about 3x its normal size and she started tipping her head back
like she might be having trouble breathing.  I gave her a homeopathic
remedy called Apis that worked fine.  That's my only experience with sheep
and hymenopterans.

Good luck with it.  Sounds like a nice combination.  Lanolin, beeswax,
honey...

Kelley