[Jacob-list] Looms

Mary Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Sat Jul 12 21:13:26 EDT 2003

Thanks Karen, for sharing your information about 'beanie looms.'  They sound very similar to the peg loom that I have.  It is for adult-size toboggans that are very warm.  The frame is circular with pegs set at equal distances around the loom.  Even a child can make these since no knitting experience is required.  The hat is made large enough so that it can be doubled and fastened at the top with a turn-up cuff.  It is best used with bulky yarn which makes the project go more quickly.  I sold one last year at a fiber show with enough of our yarn to complete a hat.

Mary Spahr