[Jacob-list] CL contin.

Karen karen at benjaminfarms.com
Tue Jul 8 23:50:08 EDT 2003

    Tonight we decided we were losing the battle with Marley and he was
culled from our herd.  This is the first animal we have had to put down
and I am hanging out my computer.  Thank you so much for all the
informative emails on CL.  We have had the vet. out and I have had
several of the local sheep experts come over and no one is quite sure
what we are dealing with. The hardest part is not really knowing and
wondering if any other animals will get this.  Marley had maybe two
cysts,  it was the swelling that was the major concern side of head,
then chest.  Then his chest started forming small leasions (4th of
July).  The leasions started detaching from the skin on his chest,
exposing raw muscle.  My guess is we may have been dealing with two
problems.. the start of CL and maybe an allergic reaction to some kind
of bug bite.
    Thanks again for the helpful emails.
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms,  Utah