[Jacob-list] Lambing stories:

Dr. David R. Lincicome wheaten at bellatlantic.net
Fri Mar 9 15:15:20 EST 2001

1500 hrs/Friday 9 March 2001

Fred,

I applaud you for this message on reporting genetic defects in Jacob sheep.  This
is a message that should be a cornerstone of conservation for any animal be it
rare or abundant.  At the moment I am involved similarly with Wheaten Terriers,
for the fancy is seeing the genetic results of  years of inbreeding for esthetic
purposes beginning with just  a small group of animals.

David