[Jacob-list] Losing wool

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 30 10:08:43 EST 2000

Yes, Marcia we have experienced this with a few of our Jacob.  Mainly
and older girl.  It is caused by stress, usually as they proceed into
late gestation. Most often they are carrying triplets.
It also seems to appear in one line.  They lose it in the brisket area.
They seem to lamb ok and the babies are none the worse for it.  Must be
a metabolic thing.  Like some women lose their hair or it changes color
naturally during pregnancy.
If they are eating well and all other signs are good I would not worry.
Edie, Joy Farm.