[Jacob-list] Jacob Books & Lamb Bologna

BIDEWEE at aol.com BIDEWEE at aol.com
Fri Nov 24 14:08:10 EST 2000

Regarding A History of Jacob Sheep, by Araminta Aldington, and Jacob Sheep in
America, by Ingrid Painter....

Ingrid's book is really terrific. You can find information about it on her
website at: http://www.puddleduckfarm.net/jacob.html   It will also be listed
on the JSBA logo order form in the December JSBA newsletter.  The Aldington
book can be ordered at:  http://www.amazon.co.uk

Also, thought I'd report in that we regularly have lamb summer sausage
(bologna), pepperoni and jerky made by our local butcher.  He uses 100% lamb
meat and it's all delicious.  We generally use older intact rams and have
never noticed a 'ram-y' or muttony taste.

Karen Lobb

bide a wee farm ~ registered Jacob & Navajo-Churro sheep
bideawee at iname.com / www.bideaweefarm.com
19562 NE Calkins Lane ~ Newberg, OR  97132 ~ (503) 538-7987