[Jacob-list] sheep tales

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Sun Nov 19 20:28:09 EST 2000

Fred here.  One of those crazy but true stories.

I also use one of those big Rubbermaid two-wheelers to take hay out to the
back pasture.  We had to resort to throwing hay becasue of the drought so I
take a bale in the cart out to the 40-50 ewes in the back pasture just about
every night.  We use saquare bales of "hay grazer"...johnson grass, a little
young sorghum, etc. super sweet and they love it.  I generally tear each
flake into two or three pieces and throw it to keep the girls out of the
wagon.

There are a couple of girls who are now aware of the feeding pattern and when
I tear the flakes and throw them, they run after the partial flakes and try
to catch them before they hit the ground...just like Tib and Tee our border
collies.  I ain't lyin' when I tell you that a couple of ewes actually caught
the flakes goin through the air.   Fred.