[Jacob-list] taning costs

Royal D. Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Fri Nov 3 13:29:35 EST 2000

Hi Pam,
The prices quoted to you for getting pelts tanned sound high to me.
When I have lambs butchered, for Jacob sized pelts, I pay $30 to $35 per
pelt to be processed, depending on the size.  They are washable.  The
meat processor even delivers the raw pelts to the tanner for me.   At
the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, most Jacob pets sell for $75.00  It
might be worth it to ship/bring the pelts to Quakertown (PA) to be
tanned.  I can get you (or anyone else) the name of the tanner.
Royal