[IETF-IDRM] RE: [IDRM] Disband or recharter IDRM?

Paul Lambert PaulLambert@AirgoNetworks.Com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:27:40 -0800

> Paul,
>=20
> Thanks for your input.
>=20
> We're trying to see if there needs to be a place for=20
> discussion regarding=20
> DRM-related issues.  These discussion may or may not result=20
> in standards.

Then the group should change:

   "... it is expected that technologies
   developed in a Research Group will be brought to the IETF as input=
   IETF Working Group(s) for possible standardization."

This group has no charter to be just a 'place for discussion'.

The choices are:

   "If, at some point, it becomes evident that a Research Group is no=
   making progress in the research areas defined in its charter, or
   fails to regularly report the results of its research to the
   community, the IRTF Chair can, in consultation with Group, either:

      1.   Require that the group recharter to refocus on a different
      set of problems,

      2.   Request that the group choose new Chair(s), or

      3.   Disband the group."

Paul