[flow-tools] netflow udp packets seem to be delivered in batch

paul_pot@nl.sonymusic.com paul_pot@nl.sonymusic.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:59:26 +0200

Hi,

The routers have a default lifetime for a flow, if I'm correct at 30
minutes, which can be changed by 'ip flow-cache active-timeout 5'

The router will store the flow data until they timeout before transmitting
to the collector.

hth
regards
paul

Surlignage Mark Fullmer <maf@eng.oar.net>:

> It's only data generated from the supervisors that have had problems,
not
> streams passing through.  Maybe I misunderstood your question.  Is the
> bursty behavior causing flow-capture to drop flows?

just to clarify. my system basically is just to monitor the edge routers
in
our network. these edge routers are connected to a 5509 core switch. the
flow-tools box is also connected to the 5509. i am just collecting flows
from the edge router and not the 5509. i was just wondering why does the
flows coming in batches. there seem to be no dropped flows as the
bandwidth
aggregates seem to be correct.

thanks.