[flow-tools] one solution to redhat 7.2 flow-capture troubles

Greg.Volk@edwardjones.com Greg.Volk@edwardjones.com
Thu, 02 May 2002 10:44:02 -0500

I've seen several messages posted to the list regarding empty
flow files when using flow-capture on a Redhat 7.2 box. I too
ran into this problem and after some screwing around found
out that it has something to do with kernel 2.4.7-10 which is
what RH72 installs with. Not even recompiling 2.4.7-10 fixed
it for me. I ended up going to 2.4.19 and after that my
flow-capture files are growing beyond the 'empty' size of 120
bytes and contain valid data displayable with flow-print.