CAFI Newsletter #373

CHRISTIAN ACTION FOR ISRAEL NEWSLETTER cafi-list at christianactionforisrael.org
Fri Jan 9 15:37:45 EST 2009

CAFI Newsletter
Newsletter #373 Friday, January 9, 2009
Happy New Year!
This is a small sampling of the many excellent articles published recently. For more, please visit our Home Page.

a.. Israel's painful dilemma: To win against Hamas is to lose
Stan Goodenough - January 4, 2009
Regarding Hamas, I pray for failure, for repeated frustration of their efforts and the efforts of the other terrorist groups in Gaza. What I am NOT able to pray for is the successful crushing of Hamas right now. For I do not believe that any answer lies in the return of Gaza to the PLO under Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas (or his successor).

b.. The Gaza Strip-Tease
Irwin N. Graulich - January 7, 2009
And much of the world continues to repeat the same mistakes of history. In fact, Europe learned absolutely nothing from WWII. Instead of learning that decent, moral nations must "fight evil," the Europeans learned that "fighting is evil."

c.. Obscuring Gaza
Charles Krauthammer - January 9, 2009
Does anyone imagine that international monitors will risk their lives to prevent weapons smuggling? To arrest terrorists? To engage in shootouts with rocket-launching teams attacking Israeli civilians across the Gaza border? Of course not.

d.. Who are the real Nazis?
Jonah Goldberg - January 7, 2009
But I think the desire to cast the Israelis as Nazis is fueled, deep down, by the haters' need to see their own hatreds and ambitions mirrored in their enemy's actions. Hamas has an avowedly Hitlerite agenda. The only way to make such an agenda defensible is to convince yourself and others that the Israelis deserve it. Hence, Hamas and its allies insist that when they aim rockets at grade schools and playgrounds, they are resisting the "new Nazis."

e.. Hamas's Other War: The one the media, academics, and diplomats ignore.
Clifford D. May - January 9, 2009
Palestinian civilians continue to be murdered in cold blood - several dozen just last weekend. Many of the victims were gunned down inside hospitals and schools. If you've been following the latest Middle East conflict, this will not surprise you. What might: The fact that the assailants were Palestinians - Hamas members targeting those affiliated with the rival Fatah organization.
The Mountains of Israel is an exciting and refreshing new perspective on the Arab-Israeli conflict, clearly outlining how God is fulfilling His Word in modern-day Israel.
Free with a $ 13.95 USD per copy Donation! Click button at left for PayPal or visit our "Mountains" page onsite.

Click Here! Get A Free Gift With Your Donation!

NOTICE: We make EVERY effort to insure our newsletter is not received unsolicited. If you don't wish to receive this newsletter, please send an email to newsletter at christianactionforisrael.org with "REMOVE" in either the subject or body of your message. Please ensure the email is sent from the address receiving the newsletter! Thank you.
We depend ENTIRELY on viewer/reader donations. PLEASE HELP US get the truth out about Israel and God's chosen people. All needed info at: http://christianactionforisrael.org/donations.html

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS NEWSLETTER !
Send Comments/Suggestions to newsletter at christianactionforisrael.org