CAFI Newsletter #96

cafi-list@christianactionforisrael.org cafi-list@christianactionforisrael.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:22:34 -0400

* CHRISTIAN ACTION FOR ISRAEL NEWSLETTER  #96 *
"ON YOUR WALLS, O JERUSALEM, I HAVE APPOINTED WATCHMEN"
Isaiah 62:6

               Friday, August 9, 2002

IN THIS ISSUE:

  1.    "HOW MANY GOD, HOW MANY?"
  2.    ISLAM AT WAR WITH THE WORLD
  3.    CHANGING FROM A MILD-MANNERED CHRISTIAN
        TO A RAGING ZIONIST
  4.    SOME SIMPLE FACTS
  5.    QUOTES TO NOTE
  6.    HIGHLIGHT ARTICLES

WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT

Our site (and newsletter) are privately owned and
operated, and receive no institutional, denominational,
governmental or inter-faith funding.

We depend ENTIRELY on viewer/reader donations.
PLEASE  HELP US get the truth out about Israel
and God's chosen people. All needed info at:

HTTP://CHRISTIANACTIONFORISRAEL.ORG/DONATIONS.HTML

   1.    'HOW MANY GOD, HOW MANY?'

Tovah Lazaroff - Jerusalem Post  -  Aug. 5, 2002

Just this past Shabbat, Avital Wolanski, 27, was
talking with her mother and her husband Avi, 29, about
how terrible it was that so many children have been
orphaned in the intifada. The discussion had particular
meaning to them Avital had two small children and
was six months pregnant.

In a letter her mother wrote to be read at the
couple's double funeral yesterday in Jerusalem, she
recalled the conversation. "I said Shema Israel, how
do they [the orphans] have the strength to go on. Avi
replied, 'They find the strength because they have to.
This is our country and we don't have any other.'

"We didn't know that soon we would be one of those
families," Avital's mother wrote.

The couple was killed when a terrorist ambushed them
after midnight on August 5 on Route 60 near the Shilo
Junction as they drove with their children from Avital's
parents home in Moshav Tekuma in southern Israel to
their own home in Eli in Samaria. The terrorist
fired at least ten bullets into the couple's van.

Fifteen minutes later, soldiers found the windows
shattered and the couple's two sons, Yigal, 3, and Nadav,
8 months, crying next to the bodies of their dead
parents. Yigal, who was wounded in the attack and Nadav
who was uninjured, were taken to Hadassah-University
Hospital in Ein Kerem.

Yigal was originally reported to be in moderate
condition, but his condition improved and by late
yesterday was reported to be making satisfactory progress.

In her eulogy, Avital's mother recalled how happy she
had been that her daughter's family had stayed
a whole extra day after Shabbat.

Avi, who was born in Jerusalem and served in the IDF,
was studying in a Jerusalem yeshiva and planned to
become a teacher like Avital.

They had moved to a caravan in an new neighborhood of
Eli right after their marriage. Avital taught at
a school in Shilo, and afterwards in Eli.

One of the first things Avi did after moving to
Shilo was to plant a small vineyard outside his home,
a neighbor said.

"We were scared when you said you were moving to Eli,"
Avital's mother wrote. But she said she had gotten
used to it, and had visited them despite her misgivings.

"Avital, I never told you, but my plan was to come to
Eli once a week for the next year, to help you," her
mother wrote. She promised that the family would raise
Yigal and Nadav, and she spoke of her sorrow at
losing Avital's unborn child, recalling on how her
last birthday Avital promised that by her next
birthday she would have a third grandchild as a present.

When the Avital and Avi left Tekuma late Sunday night,
they promised to call when they arrived. But the phone
never rang. Instead, Avital's mother said she was
awoken in the middle of the night by her neighbors,
who told her about the attack. Yesterday, more than
a thousand mourners gathered in the courtyard of the
Har Hamor Yeshiva in Jerusalem where Avi, who was a
lieutenant in the IDF, had been studying to be a teacher.

Upon walking into the crowded courtyard and seeing
the two bodies, one relative stopped midway. "I can't
stand there," she said, looking at the bodies.
"I can't bear to see them, I don't believe it,"
she said, putting her hands on her face and turning
away. Avi's brothers walked up to his body and stood
there crying for most of the ceremony. Avi's father
also stood next to his body. He spoke for over half
an hour of his love for his son and the deep love
between Avital and Avi.

"I saw how much she was with you, and how much you
were her beloved husband," he said. He also spoke of
his son's skill as a student of Jewish texts.
"I think you read more than one line at a time,
otherwise how could you do it?" he said. He had
believed his son would make a great contribution to
Jewish learning, the father said. Now, he said, that
will never happen.
"A great sorrow has befallen Israel," he said.

He stopped his speech several times to look at the
bodies, rocking back and forth, crying, and calling
their names, "Avi, Avi and Avital, Avi." When the
eulogies were finished, a rabbi made a small tear
in the families' shirts, as is the custom. Then the
two fathers hugged each other, held hands, and
recited the Kaddish, the prayer for the dead.

When the blue funeral van left the yeshiva for the
Har Hamenuhot cemetery, the mourners silently walked
behind it for several blocks.
Police blocked off the streets.

At the funeral, Chief Rabbi Eliahu Bakshi-Doron asked,
"How is it possible not to fall apart?
How many God? How many?"

   2.   ISLAM AT WAR WITH THE WORLD

by Emanuel A. Winston

The 'Pundits' keep trying to sift the hostile actions
of the Arab world through their Western experience
thought processes. As a result, they are not only
wrong with their predictions as to what the Arabs
will do next, but they are invariably misleading.

July 31st, Hamas attacked the foundations of Academia
by setting an explosive charge at Hebrew University's
Mt. Scopus campus in Jerusalem that has, so far, killed
8 and injured 80. The casualties include Jews, Arabs,
Americans, South Koreans, Frenchmen and other foreign
students. Clearly, the perpetrator had to be an Arab
student who left the explosive in a backpack which was
set off with a cellular phone by remote control, according
to the forensic evidence. Security personnel at Israel's
universities have previously found fire-bombing materials
and clubs brought in by Arab students. The explosives
could have been carried all at once or a bit at a time by
many of the Arab students and accumulated for one big bomb.

The 'Pundits' speculate about Arab Terrorists from Hamas,
etc. joining al Qaeda "because they are poor and desperate".
The facts speak otherwise. Al Qaeda, for example, can
boast of drawing their volunteers from all over the
Arab world and from every social class - rich and poor.
The coalescing characteristic is found within the
religion of Islam - most particularly, from the
radical fundamentalist Islamists.

Islam is virtually at war with the non-Muslim world
and cannot be cajoled, bribed or diplomatically twisted
to accept the West. In Islam Christians and Jews are
considered a low people called "Dhimmis", people of the
Book (the Bible) who can live with Muslims as long as
their status is kept lowly. Many laws in Islamic
countries were established to create that reality. But,
Islam accuses the Jews and Christians of worshiping the
"wrong G-d". That must be changed, according to the
mandates of the Koran and Mohammed's injunctions.

This war against the infidel takes many forms and
is fought on many fronts -

Direct Conflict - Low Intensity Warfare called: Terror
 - Deceit - Negotiations - Passive Resistance or No
Resistance until they are strong enough to fight - and
more. They easily recruit pacifists from the political
Left or naive bubble-headed students, professors and Media-
crats. They draw them into a state of denial -even as
they attack and kill Jews.

We in the West consider it a victory of sorts when we
can engage the Muslim Arabs in negotiations. During
these so-called negotiations which we Westerners take
seriously, we Americans and Europeans are usually paying
millions of dollars into the Muslim Arabs' treasuries
for various plans of assistance. As long as they are
willing to talk, we are willing to pay enormous sums.
But, it is like trying to permanently bribe a blackmailer.
It doesn't work or last. Would you continue to "talk"
if you were receiving $10 million or more per month
as 'Western' good will gestures?

Those who negotiate with the Arabs are usually tricked
- cheated - misled and otherwise manipulated. There is
a long list of fools who come with words, plans, maps
- all in the name of Peace and all of which are meaningless.
Their names are legion. Hark back to Neville Chamberlain,
William Rogers, James Baker, Warren Christopher, Madeleine
Albright, Dennis Ross, Martin Indyk, and, of course, Shimon
Peres and Yossi Beilin - all of whom were no more successful
than Jesse Jackson's current 'peace-making' efforts.

The Arabist State Department spent thousands of hours
in back channel talks with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria and
the master Terrorist, Yassir Arafat. Their continual,
on-going failure simply means to them that it is time to
increase the bribe - up the ante. We expect a certain
amount of respect for our Western bribe money and
gratitude but, all we receive is contempt, double-cross
and eventually, inevitably Terror. But, even as we are
betrayed, we come back again and again for more.

We tie the hands of Israel, the one country in the
Middle East who has the nerve, tools, brains to be
effective, lest they launch a full scale, successful
attack on the burgeoning Army of Terrorists who are
now reaching into our Western countries - like 9/11.
For years we stepped in to rescue the Arab armies
after they failed in each attack against Israel. Always,
just as Israel was about to exact a full victory and
exact decent, just and firm terms of surrender,
establishing a peace, as we did with Japan and Germany -
we, Westerners (usually America) have stepped in to
rescue the Muslim Arabs from their own murderous folly.

We expected a grateful response from the attacking
Muslim Arab nations for snatching the victory from Israel
time and time again. We received none and now we learn
that such 'allies' as Saudi Arabia and Egypt have been
consistently anti-American to this very day. They
refuse to join in an effort to defeat Saddam Hussein's
plan for War with WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction).

We are at war with Islam and the Muslim Arab world
- by their declaration - but, we don't seem to know it.
All over the globe radical Islamists are attacking their
host governments, demanding special treatment and, when
stronger, they expect the world's nations to adopt the
religion and laws of Islam. That is their goal of
world domination.

Perhaps we will come awake when a first nuclear device
is exploded in New York, London, Paris, Madrid, 'et al'.
We have yet to deport the Arab students who came to
America from rogue Arab nations to study Nuclear Physics,
Chemistry and Biology. It must be said that Israel too
has not recognized that Arab students come to learn as
they also hate us. Even when Arab students honor
Terrorists and stage hate protests against their host
country, Israel, the Leftist faculty either remain
stupidly mute or join in the egregious "Peace Now"
demonstrations.

After the Hebrew University massacre the Muslim Arabs
in Gaza (and probably elsewhere) celebrated in the
streets with dancing and handing out sweets.

If we do not defeat the Terrorist nations, such as Syria,
Iran, Iraq and all of their proxy Terrorist organizations,
then we must inevitably suffer a dreadful consequences.
Clearly, we must exact a full surrender, a disposal of
all their catastrophic Weapons of Mass Destruction
- and a forced recall of all their 'sleeper' Terrorist
agents placed in America.

If not done by them, then America will be forced to
deport ALL Muslim Arab students and older populations
to their countries of origin in justified self-defense.
Remember that one of the first maxims stated in our
American Declaration of Independence that established
our great democracy was for the inalienable rights
to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

We cannot wait for the approval of dim-witted Leftists
professors, naive International lawyers, selfish,
self-serving Europeans or those nations who are selling
NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) technology
to rogue nations.

President George W. Bush called the Terrorists killers
but the NEW YORK TIMES - always a fellow traveler of
Arab murderers, called them politely "militants".
Nowhere does the NEW YORK TIMES call these murderers
Terrorists or suggest that only an Arab student would
have melted into the crowd with a school bag full of
deadly explosives and nails. Spotted throughout their
story were small explanations of justification so the
readers would not be totally enraged at the Arab
Palestinians. Never rely on the NEW YORK TIMES for a
straight, honest or balanced news report or editorial
when they deal with Arabs, Islam or Terror.

We are in a war - not of our own making - and the only
question is - Are we going to fight to win or pander to
the commercial interests of business and
suffer a catastrophe?

   3.  CHANGING FROM A MILD-MANNERED CHRISTIAN
       TO A RAGING ZIONIST

By Beth Kennedy  August 7, 2002

Originally published in the Jewish Star Times

Dear Mr. Schweitzer,

This is a response to your editorial in Israel Insider,
"Is the U.S. Right, Right for Israel?"
http://web.israelinsider.com/link.jsp?enDispWho=
Article%5El1246&enZone=Views

Like many Americans, Sept. 11th changed my thinking and
focus. I re-examined most of the issues behind the current
Middle East conflict. I looked at the history; the peoples;
the social, economic, political, and religious facts; the
events as they unfolded; etc. I got on mailing lists for
pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian groups, got things off the
Internet, read numerous library books, listened to assorted
speakers on radio, TV, and in person, etc., etc.

Then I looked at me. I asked myself why I had not really
paid much attention until now. The answer was simple: It
was a pain in the butt! I didn't want to be bothered with so
much learning and studying. Too many issues, too little
time...

"There's always been trouble over there, from time
immemorial." I read the book... "What about the poor
Palestinians?" I read This Side of Peace by Dr. Hanan
Ashrawi... "Both sides are equally wrong." I read history
books and countless articles from assorted publications -
yours included! "The Palestinians fight with the only
weapon they've got." More articles and insight from all
sorts of people, including ones from the U.S. military, and
my Muslim friends about Islam... "This conflict involves two
peoples who don't know anything but revenge and 'an
eye-for-an-eye.'" (The Cycle of Violence theory.) I started
reading again the books of the Old Testament...

I began reciting Psalms every morning. I prayed for the
peace and prosperity of Jerusalem. I read up on Jewish
teachings and thought. Then I went to the DC Rally for
Israel on April 15th. My heart wasn't just warmed; it
glowed. Then "Baltimore Walks for Israel" a month later.
The glow continued. I became involved with various Jewish
groups, all working to promote Israel. A half-dozen or so
pieces that I've written even got published in assorted
publications.

Here's my nutshell: As a Christian, I worship the God of
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I will defend those I consider to
be my brothers and sisters. If you want to think of that as
being one of the "vagaries of religious confluence," be my
guest. But you miss the point.

What changed this mild-mannered Christian into a raging
Zionist in a little over 9 months' time? It wasn't liberal
values. Rather, something that will always pass the test of
time and is, in itself, timeless... faith.

You're correct: what is happening right now across America
does represent a change in thinking. It represents the kind
of change that only comes from experience and deeper
analysis. The great irony may well be that September 11th
does bring on an American jihad of sorts. What we are
witnessing is not a superficial change in outward
appearance, but a deep-seated, inward revision of the
priorities of, and private beliefs held by, many practicing
Christians.

Like politics, religion can also be worn on the sleeve. But
this phenomenon is no fad. For men and women of faith,
this change will pass the test of time.

The words spoken by Mordechai over 2000 years ago, still
speak to Christians today, and we know it: "For if you
altogether remain silent this time, then relief and salvation
shall arise to the Jews from another place; but you and
your father's house shall be destroyed; and who knows
whether you have been called to come to the kingdom for
such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14)

There is no doubt that we will all stand before the Creator
one day and have to answer for our actions and choices.
Woe to Christians if the Lord has to ask why we didn't
chose to help His people when we found them terrorized
and embattled.

   4.    SOME SIMPLE FACTS

by Chaim Taub

Do you know how many Islamic terrorist attacks Israel
has been subjected to since September 2000?
13,890 attacks not including rock throwing.

Do you know how many have been injured, many  becoming
invalids, many missing limbs, many walking around
with screws and nails in their organs?  4,379

Do you know how many have been barbarically massacred ?
593 - babies, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, and
grandfathers, innocents  in pizzarias, cafes, shops,
bakeries, Passover meals, buses, and other everyday venues .

Do you know what this translates to if it had happened
in the U.S.?  201,434 injured,  27,278 massacred.
This equals 9 September 11 attacks in a span of 2 years.
That means one 9/11 every 4.5 months. How would the U.S.
respond to such barbarism?  Would you live with that?

Would Bush call the elimination of those terrorists
"heavy handed" as he called Israel's elimination
of Hamas terrorist last week?

Would the pompous Kofi of the U.N. who only finds
his irrelevant voice to condemn Israel, have called
the U.S. actions "morally wrong"? Surely not, as
Kofi knows which side his bread is buttered.

Would the medieval, blood thirsty Europe have called
the U.S actions "unacceptable" as Xavier Solana so
eloquently put it last week after Israel eliminated
Hamas terrorist #1?

Would an American even care what the blabocracy of
Europe who funds these mass murderers, and the U.N.,
which encourages them thru official resolutions,
said or thought?

What would America do?  Go into Saudi Arabia and
Iraq and take over their oil fields. After all, it is
thanks to U.S. technology these terrorist countries
even have any oil.  Second, eliminate, and we mean
eliminate, Syria, the PA, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia
and every other terrorist government ( including
those who want us to believe they are moderates)
which has instigated anti-American rhetoric in
their mosques, media, and schools, has funded
terrorism thru telethons and other means, cooperated
in shipment of arms, and any other activites which
has led up to the mass murder of innocents.

Should Israel be expected to do anything less?  No.

And for the feeble minded who keep ins isting Israel
is suffering this due to "occupation", please learn
your history instead of repeating Hitlerian propaganda.
And if you insist on the terrorist version of history,
buy yourselves a one way ticket to Saudi Arabia where
you will enjoy a massive audience.

But Israel is suffering from occupation.  This
occupation is one the brainwashed media will never
talk about.  This occupation has resulted in illegal
settlements - 244 Muslim settlements, 100 more than
the Jewish settlements the world is hysterical over.
This is the illegal occupation of Jewish land by
illegal Muslim expatriates trucked in from Saudi Arabia,
Egypt, Jordan, and other 3rd world countries to
pretend they are Palestinians.

So if anyone wants to speak about occupation, illegal
settlements, ethnic cleansing, apartheid, and racism,
look no further than an Islamic dictatorship near you.
As for Israel, she will get stronger by the day because
she is a democracy, ethnically and religiously diverse,
tolerant, patient, and kind - qualities neither Nazi
Germany possessed ,nor the Islamic dictatorships can
claim.  So the next time a racist "academic" , a
Jihadist Congresswoman from Georgia, a European
"diplomat", or a U.N. dictator opens their mouths
to condemn Israel, let's remind them the Jewish people
have outlived all of their evil predecessors who
wished to destroy them. And the Jewish people
will do so again and again.

- We ask everyone to say a prayer for the victims and
their families of Sunday's multiple massacres in
Northern Israel, Judea/Samaria and Jerusalem.

     5.   QUOTES TO NOTE

    “Since last Wednesday, at least 18 persons have
     been killed and more than 150 wounded in a new
     wave of Palestinian bombings and shootings
     directed at Israeli civilian targets. The
     deadliest attack occurred Sunday, when nine
     persons were killed and nearly 50 wounded in
     the bombing of a bus near Safed, in northern
     Israel…[T]he suggestion that atrocities such as
     the bombing at Hebrew University were meant to
     ‘avenge’ [Hamas military chief Salah] Shehadeh’s
     death is a distortion of reality: It suggests that,
     were Israel to have spared Shehadeh’s life, Hamas
     would have stopped killing Israelis…The reality
     is that, ever since it was founded in December 1987,
     Hamas has been violently opposed to the existence
     of Israel in any form…”

—Editorial (Washington Times, Aug. 6)

         -------------------------------------

    “If you have a country [Israel] that’s a sliver
     and you can see three sides of it from a high
     hotel building, you’ve got to be careful what
     you give away and to whom you give it. If you’re
     giving it to an entity that has some track record,
     that has a degree of accountability, that has the
     ability to enforce security that’s promised in
     whatever arrangements are made, it seems to me
     that’s one thing. If you’re making a deal and
     yielding territory to an entity that cannot or
     will not do that—and there’s no question that
     the PA has been involved with terrorist activities,
     so that makes it a difficult interlocutor…”

—U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
(Pentagon Press Briefing, Arlington, Virginia, Aug. 6)

     6.    HIGHLIGHT ARTICLES ON OUR SITE

THE PALESTINIAN REVOLUTION'S VISION OF DARKNESS
The spiral of self deception into which the Palestinians
are rapidly spinning has as its practical source the
acceptance by the international media and European
governments that Palestinian terrorists are freedom
fighters no different in nature than the French
resistance during Second World War.
But a poorer analogy could not be imagined.
http://christianactionforisrael.org/isreport/aug02/isrep02aug.html

Islamic Jesus  vs.  Biblical Jesus
MS PowerPoint req'd
http://christianactionforisrael.org/temp/jesus.ppt