CAFI Newsletter #95

cafi-list@christianactionforisrael.org cafi-list@christianactionforisrael.org
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:00:42 -0400

* CHRISTIAN ACTION FOR ISRAEL NEWSLETTER  #95 *
"ON YOUR WALLS, O JERUSALEM, I HAVE APPOINTED WATCHMEN"
Isaiah 62:6

               Friday, August 2, 2002

IN THIS ISSUE:

  1.    TERRORISM WON'T BREAK ISRAELI WILL
  2.    A HATRED TOO DEEP
  3.    SEPARATION = LIFE OR DEATH
  4.    'THE MUSLIM WORLD IS HOPELESSLY WEAK'
  5.    QUOTES TO NOTE
  6.    HIGHLIGHT ARTICLES

WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT

Our site (and newsletter) are privately owned and
operated, and receive no institutional, denominational,
governmental or inter-faith funding.

We depend ENTIRELY on viewer/reader donations.
PLEASE  HELP US get the truth out about Israel
and God's chosen people. All needed info at:

HTTP://CHRISTIANACTIONFORISRAEL.ORG/DONATIONS.HTML

   1.    TERRORISM WON'T BREAK ISRAELI WILL

This Fight Is For The World's Future.

By YOSSI KLEIN HALEVI
Los Angeles Times, August 1, 2002

JERUSALEM -- Wednesday it was a university cafeteria
next door to the art school where our son's
baby-sitter is exhibiting her graduation project. Two
days ago it was our family's favorite falafel place
downtown, where the owner gives you a falafel ball to
stimulate your appetite while you wait for your order
to be filled.

Gradually, over the last two years of terrorist war,
the landmarks of daily life have been turned into
scenes of atrocity. Yet we've stopped marking those
scenes with memorials or plaques listing the victims.
Partly that's because there are now too many sites to
commemorate. But partly too it's because Israeli
society knows it can't afford to dwell on its losses
in the midst of war. Just as soldiers don't pause to
eulogize a fallen friend during battle, we too must
continue fighting this war in which civilians are the
front-line soldiers and persistence is our most
powerful weapon.

This terrible summer is defined not only by terrorism
but also by a stubborn Israeli refusal to be
terrorized. Last week, thousands attended the
Jerusalem Film Festival, enjoying live jazz and the
latest foreign films. In the lulls between terrorist
attacks, we return to cafes and restaurants and
shopping malls, defying those who seek to destroy our
public spaces.

We've become expert in finding safe corners where we
can steal some moments of normalcy. Last week, my wife
and I drove 20 minutes out of Jerusalem to a kibbutz
in the Judean hills that offers a famous Friday
brunch. When we got there, we found hundreds of other
Jerusalemites who had the same idea of finding a
respite in the countryside.

One example of our ability to endure the unendurable
was provided by a recent restaurant review in a local
Jerusalem newspaper. "A moment before an emergency
army call-up notice whisked away my partner to an
unknown destination and for unknown length of time,"
wrote the reviewer, "we went out with our young
daughter to celebrate a year of our becoming parents.
At the entrance [to the restaurant] we rang the bell,
and only after they saw that we were lovers of peace
and seekers of life did they open the locked door."
That kind of irreverent humor helps us get through the
day. Most of all, we persist, thanks to our national
unity. This notoriously fractious society has
rediscovered its commonality.

Ariel Sharon, once unelectable, now enjoys 70%
support. Even many of us who once opposed occupying
the territories now agree that we have no choice but
to destroy the terrorist state-in-the-making nurtured
by Yasser Arafat.

Rather than undermine our morale, the terrorist
attacks only strengthen our resolve. Most Israelis
realize that this isn't a war of Palestinian
desperation but part of a long pattern of Palestinian
self-destructiveness. Just as there would have been no
Palestinian refugee problem had the Palestinians not
rejected the U.N. partition in 1947 and tried to
destroy the newborn Jewish state, and just as there
would have been no Israeli occupation of the West Bank
and Gaza had the Arab world not tried again to destroy
Israel in 1967, so too would there be no reoccupation
today had the Palestinians accepted Israel's offer of
statehood two years ago.

Finally, we draw strength from the realization that we
are the front line in a global war against a new
barbarity. Humanity is poised between breakthrough and
breakdown, between unimagined scientific and medical
advances and the forces of terrorist dissipation and
religious reaction that would send us back to the
Middle Ages.

Not surprisingly, the Jews once again find themselves
the primary targets of those intent on world
domination. As history has repeatedly proved, what
begins as a threat to the Jews ends with a threat to
civilization. In clinging to a semblance of normal
life and refusing to be terrorized, we are fighting a
war whose implications extend far beyond Israel.
Terrorists around the world are watching this conflict
to see whether terrorism breaks Israeli will. Whether
or not the world recognizes it, we know we're holding
the line for its future as well as ours.

Yossi Klein Halevi is the Israel correspondent for the
New Republic.

   2.    A HATRED TOO DEEP

 By SOL LIEBGOTT

For peace to be possible, the Arab world has to
develop a totally different mind-set. It has to
accept fully the concept of living side-by-side
with a Jewish State of Israel. Just how great a sea
change is necessary is illustrated by a troubling
story by a close observer of the battle of Jenin.

The story is written by Dan Gordon, a former sergeant
in the IDF, an author of five books and a screenwriter.
It is called "A Question of Blood"
(Los Angeles Jewish Journal, May 24).

Gordon was in Jenin on April 16 and was told a story
by Dr. David Zangen, chief medical officer of the
Israeli paratroops unit that bore the brunt of the
fighting in Jenin. Zangen said that the IDF not only
worked to keep the Palestinian hospitals open, but
offered the Palestinians blood for their wounded.

The Palestinians refused because it was Jewish blood.
The Israelis could not have been faulted for saying
"You don't like it, do without...." Instead they flew
in 2,000 units of blood from Jordan by helicopter. In
addition they saw to it that 40 units of blood from the
Mokassed Hospital in east Jerusalem went to the hospital
in Ramallah and that 70 units got to the hospital in
Tulkarm. On top of that they facilitated the delivery of
1,800 units of anti-coagulants that had come from Morocco.

This information was later confirmed by Col. (res.)
Arik Gordon of the IDF Spokesman's Office who supplied
the exact number of units and the names of the
hospitals to which they were delivered.

Gordon concludes thus, "So the question to ponder...
is how do you negotiate with a hatred so great that it
will refuse to accept your blood, even to save its own
people's lives? How does an international community
vilify a nation that offers its own blood to its
enemies while its own soldiers lie dying, and that,
when faced with a race hatred that brands their blood
unfit, diverts military flights to bring blood more
suitable to the taste of those who would destroy them?"

What does this story mean for the so-called peace
process? Can any offer of land or economic stability
possibly overcome this unappeasable hatred which is
implanted into schoolchildren's minds from their
first day at school by teachers and school textbooks?

A song from the musical South Pacific, which includes
a love story between a white young lady and a colored
gentleman, has the lines "At the age of seven or eight
 / you are taught to love or to hate." The Arabs begin
the education of their children to hate at a much
earlier age than seven or eight. Their textbooks are
suffused with text and illustrations in which Jews
are depicted as the lowest of creatures, in which
children are taught that the greatest act to which a
hild can aspire is to slay Jews and thus earn
martyrdom in the eyes of his people and rewards
in the world hereafter.

In such a context, any pretext to violence suffices.
A visit to the Temple Mount by Ariel Sharon, the
opening of an archaeological tunnel that offended
the sensibilities of the Palestinians, the
construction of residences on land owned by Jews but
claimed by Arabs as an encroachment on their property.

In reality no pretext is needed. Terror is
committed out of sheer hatred for Jews and the desire
to kill as many as possible. And that is the nub of
the problem. Only the most naive can believe that the
Palestinian Arabs (or the rest of the Arab-Muslim world)
can be placated by the Israelis bringing "sacrifices
for peace." Even if Israel were prepared to hand over
the entire land of Israel to the Arabs and only retain
perhaps the enclave of Tel Aviv, it would not suffice.
The presence of Jews in the Middle East is an
unacceptable thorn in the aide of the Arabs, an
insult that must be avenged and eliminated.

No peace can ensue until there is a change in
that attitude and that mind-set.

What can bring about such a change? Wiser and more
astute minds than mine are grappling with this
fundamental question. When the Israelites rebelled
against many of the privations after leaving Egypt
the Almighty decreed 40 years of wandering until a
new generation arose who would not remember
the "fleshpots of Egypt."

Much ink has been spilled advocating reform in
the current Palestinian leadership. How to achieve
this is in itself a major problem but even if the
plan to reform achieves some measure of success
and Yasser Arafat is eliminated, no peaceful
solution will be of lasting value unless a major
effort is made to supplant the current perfidious
education with one that will ensure that generations
of future Palestinians have an understanding
of peaceful coexistence.

The writer is a governor and honorary fellow of
the Hebrew University and former chairman of
the South African Zionist Federation.

   3.    SEPARATION = LIFE OR DEATH

by Emanuel A. Winston
Winston MidEast analyst & commentator

The separation of Jews and Arab is and has always been
a matter of Life and Death.

The Arab nations and the immigrant Arabs who have
adopted the appellation "Palestinian" have made it
clear that they cannot bring themselves - as Muslims
- to live together or near their Jewish half-cousins.

In the successive wars and the unremitting Terror
against the Jewish State, Jews have been killed in
defense of their one and only nation. Arabs have also
been killed - when the Jews were left with no choice
but to defend themselves in repeated wars and almost
daily terror attacks.

Regrettably, a necessary bill was put up for a vote
in the Knesset (Israel’s Parliament) wherein Arabs would
not have the right to purchase land or housing in a
Jewish community built on State-owned land. This was
Liberal Israeli Supreme Court allowing an Arab to
purchase a house in a Jewish community whose citizens
did not want Arabs living among them. Clearly, the
Leftist Court ignored their concern which is reflected
in the reality of Arabs now living in Isarel who had
either been recruited to commit Terror or voluntarily
opted to commit acts of Terror. The Court and the
enablers of the Oslo Accords knowingly ignored the
years of Muslims teaching through the childrens’ schools,
camps and the Mosques to hate Jews and kill them
when they grew older.

Therefore, the Jewish community at large could never
be certain that their Arab neighbors would maintain
the peace or, at some unnamed time, commit an act of
Terror against them, their children or target for a
homicide bombing some location in the community
where crowds gathered.

Those of the Left, including the Europeans, the Arabs,
the Leftist Media have already started a campaign,
using slogans of racism and apartheid, ignoring the
reasons for laws of just and necessary separation.
This seems grossly unfair, given that Israel has
allowed Arabs who stayed in the Israel to receive
citizenship while the Arab nations have mostly ejected
their own Jewish citizens and never accepted their
own brother Arabs as citizens, preferring to keep them
in refugee camps as a festering, critical mass of anger
and hate. The Left Labor and Meretz parties who staked
their political future via the Oslo Accords on forcing
incompatible Arabs to live among or near the Jews they
hated, now wish to cover up their blunder by accusing
the Israeli Knesset of Racism and Apartheid.

Jews are not allowed to enter, let alone purchase
housing in Saudi Arabia - or most other Arab/Muslim
countries. In Syria, Iraq and Iran the Jews have been
forced to leave because the lives of their families
were under threat of death due specifically to
religious Racism. Apartheid and Racism are mandated in
Koranic law for Muslims against non-Muslims
(Christians and Jews). But, Arabs who generally
live under the most brutal dictatorships, suffering
deprivation at every level, insist they cannot live
within a Jewish State - even with all the freedom
offered to them. While their conflict with Jews is
spotlighted in the Media, the fact is that radical
Islamists have run amok in whatever nation they have
gained critical mass and attacked non-Muslims (Jews
and Christians) in the host nation. As for treating
Jews equally in Arab nations, they have always been
treated as ‘Dhimmis’ (second class citizens) with
few or no democratic rights.

The Jews of Israel, now emphatically know that those
who call themselves "Palestinians" cannot ever live
among them in peace. Every contact Muslims have with
Jews and the Jewish nation is viewed as an extension
of their unending war or ‘Dar al Harb’ (House of War)
with the Jewish people. That Israel has found it
necessary to start building a Wall to keep out Arab
terrorists attests to the fact that there is no
other solution except sequestration.

All Muslim people and land they control are in
‘Dar al Islam’ (House of Peace) - and everything else
is ‘Dar al Harb’. Islam means ‘submission’ to the
laws of Islam. Muslims are mandated to bring everyone
else into Islam. Similar to Fascism and Communism,
Islam aims at world domination by Islam - a fact
stated quite openly by their religious clerics that
the Left wishes to ignore.

Even demographics are considered a weapon when, for
example, an Arab moves into a Jewish neighborhood,
it is not only to improve his life-style but it
becomes a wedge to use his presence as an incubator
for more and more Arab families who breed at an
extraordinary rate. One example is the fact that in
1948, 720,000 Arabs fled Israel and now, 53 years
later, they claim that there are 5 million descendants
demanding to retake all the Jewish homes in Tel Aviv,
Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem.....All of Israel.

Within that expansion comes the hostility and
terror that uses the so-called ‘moderate’ Arab
community as a soft cover. (America is first beginning
to recognize her vulnerability as sleeper Arab agents
use the Arab community in America as their own safe
houses and support mechanism.) During the great wars
they were called a "Fifth Column". With the flood of
immigrants, along with their baby-making prowess which
is extra-ordinary, they declare that they have launched
a ‘demographic’ war for Islam. The parents join the
military education to teach their kids to hate and
kill non-Muslims (Jews and Christians). Mothers have
made videos with their terrorist sons wrapped in
explosive belts, as they joyously send their children
off to commit suicide to kill Jews and Americans.

The Gaza Strip has already demonstrated that
excessive growth pattern as it doubles
and triples in population within only a few years.
Despite a non-productive society, slaved to the dictates
of Yassir Arafat and other terrorist factions, the
baby factory assembly line runs full tilt. Poverty
among the Arabs seems to accelerate the exponential
growth of a population that cannot be fed, housed or
educated to tolerant, peaceful living with the Jews.

Palestinian Arab workers once treated as part of the
family on farms, in the construction industry were no
longer welcome because, after years of being part
of a trusted work force, began to kill their
employers. Some said they were forced to attack their
Jewish employers, some because terrorists threatened
their families if they did not follow their orders.
Some voluntarily killed their employers "for the
cause of ‘liberating ALL of Palestine". Note that
their official maps on stationary, shoulder badges,
school textbooks, etc. show "Palestine" covering
all of Israel.

The Arabs both enjoy and are resentful of the benefits
they receive from a thriving Jewish democratic society.
They wish to partake of these benefits but they bring
with them the culture and training of repressive
regimes which teach the utter destruction of the
non-Muslim State of Israel. The so-called Palestinian
Arabs go to clean, modern Jewish hospitals, and
receive quality care denied them in either Arab
nations or wherever Yassir Arafat has control of
territory. They crowd Israeli hospitals while hating
the Jewish doctors and nurses who treat them as well
as they do their Jewish patients. Most maternity
wards have 4 beds - usually evenly divided between
Jewish and Arab mothers, receiving equal care.
Unlike the mortality rate in Arab countries, Arab
Palestinians in Israel enjoy excellent pre-natal care
resulting in an extremely low mortality rate for
newborns - but they still hate the Jews.

Leftist Jews and the anti-Semitic nations of Europe
have no problem with the Racism and Apartheid endemic
to the Arab/Muslims. They remain silent when Arafat
and the Arab proxies of Syria, Iran, Iraq threaten
any Arab with death if they sell Land to a Jew.
Summary executions and torture are the method of choice
when an Arab who sold land or a house to a Jew is
caught. The Left-leaning Media, both of Israel and
Europe barely mention these atrocities, lest it weaken
their cause in blending Arabs and Jews into one
homogenous, incompatible mix.

Presently the demographic war is being ramped up
under the "Right of Return" slogan for 5 million Arabs.
They plan to flood Israel with hostile Arabs who
claim they lost land in their numerous aggressive
wars against Israel. That "foot-in-the-door"
process will purchase housing in Jewish communities
and push more Arabs through that opening. They are,
of course, assisted by Jewish Leftists, and, more
certainly, the anti-Semitic Europeans, all of whom
are generally viewed as pall-bearers to civilizations
and cultures gone soft. These are the bone-pickers and
scavengers who chew away at the foundations of
nations until they cause their collapse.

Presently, we see such nations as France, England
and Germany being brought to their knees by a flood
of immigrants, mostly from failed Arab countries where
corruption and poverty cause mass emigration. There
they incubate and, once achieving critical mass, they
swamp the care systems in the host country and threaten
the political stability of that nation. Soon the
political parties of those nations began to court
this hostile alien population giving them what they
demand lest they cause ‘trouble’ with a capital
T for Terror.

Bethlehem is a practical example as the once dominant
population of Christian Arabs has been forced out by
Muslim Arabs who have taken over as the dominant
group. Islam as a religion and the Arabs as an
ethnic culture simply do not mix well with others
unless they dominate all others. The Middle East is
not a great mixing pot - as America is often described.
Even Arabs of different nations are frequently hostile
to each other, such as Syria vs. Iraq, or Iraq vs. Iran,
or Egypt vs. Libya - and these are the family
considered fellow Muslims (Egypt and Iran do not
consider themselves Arabs).

PALESTINIAN STATE

Given the rapid expanse of their population, another
State of Palestine - as proposed - the space allocated
will soon prove inadequate. In short order, hordes
of Palestinian Arabs will outgrow the territory and
will need to push against whatever borders are
established. War will follow inevitably as those in the
overcrowded areas seek expansion into Israel and Jordan.
They’ll be driven by actual need for territory and the
ever-present taught hatred against the Jews.

They’re hostile toward their Jewish half-brothers
although both descended from Abraham.

Therefore, it is entirely sensible, slogans of
Racism and Apartheid aside, that these people, Arabs
and Jews dwell separately. Muslims should dwell with
Muslim Arabs in some of their 26 nations. The Jews
should live separately in the one Jewish State of
Israel with borders and sufficient critical mass so
they may feel they can have depth of defense should
he Muslims mount another war. Muslim and Jew cannot
live pressed up against each other with artificial
borders which satisfies some sort of aberrant ideology
of Leftists, Pacifists, etc. and the anti-Semitic
nations of Europe. If the appeasers and non-worldly
academics wish to press these two incompatible people
together, be assured that the wars will grow ever
more violent, probably to end in a nuclear exchange.

In the short term, Israelis have every right to deny
entreé of Muslim Arabs into their communities given
the unpredictability with which Muslims will attack
or send their teen-age son or daughter into Jewish
neighborhoods with a belt of explosives.

In closing, think how strange it is for the world
to accept endemic Racism on the part of Muslim Arab
nations but, insist that the only Jewish State allow
herself to be over-run by the same Racist Muslim
Arabs. Should the Jews offer to commit national
suicide as a gesture of humanity and good will?

   4.    'THE MUSLIM WORLD IS HOPELESSLY WEAK'

Mahathir bin Mohamad
Prime Minister of Malaysia

Tuesday, July 30, 2002

A Knowledge Deficit

KUALA LUMPUR -- What is the state of the Muslim
world today? I don't think it would be wrong to
say that the Muslim world is at its lowest ebb,
and is probably continuing to decline.

Since the Turkish Muslim empire that spanned much
of the Middle East fell before the onslaught of
the European nations, the Muslim world has broken
up into small and ineffective nation-states. It
has not been able to stage a recovery, much less
re-establish itself on the world stage. Individually,
Muslim states have been unable to make any
progress or impact.

In fact, for many of the peoples of the Turkish
empire, their cooperation with the Europeans to
free themselves from Turkish rule only resulted in
a change of colonial masters from Turkish to
British or French. It was only after a long time
and with great difficulty that they managed to
extricate themselves from European colonial rule.

Independence has not enabled them to develop and
regain the political clout of the old Muslim empires.
Instead they have been faced with internal problems
which prevent them from making progress. Even when
they are richly endowed, they have not been able
to make any real progress. Not a single Muslim
country is to be found among the developed
nations of the world.

When the Industrial Revolution took place in the
19th century, the Muslim World was still relatively
undivided. But Muslims as a whole were either
unaware of the revolution or rejected it. For a
long time, much of the results of the Industrial
Revolution, whether in terms of material gains or
of systems, was rejected by Muslims as un-Islamic,
including electricity and mechanized vehicles. So we
lost valuable time as the advances passed by us.

Muslims are rightly concerned about what is
forbidden by their religion. Unfortunately, we
often go overboard. In Afghanistan, so powerful
is the belief that no part of a woman may be seen
by strangers that women refuse to take off the burqa
even when they are allowed to. Yet in other parts of
the Muslim world it is permissible to leave the face
and the hands uncovered. Who decreed these dress
codes? The injunctions of Islam on more important
matters are ignored with impunity. The brotherhood
of Muslims is openly disregarded. Muslims who declare
themselves as brothers in Islam often make it their
duty to fight and kill other Muslims. They would, in
the name of Islam, condemn these Muslims as infidels
to justify their enmity toward them. If we go by
their criteria for being Muslim, then there are
probably no Muslims in the world. In any case,
Islam forbids the frivolous labeling of other
Muslims as infidels.

Similarly we are enjoined by Islam to seek
knowledge. But Muslims ignore this important injunction.
At the beginning they did not do so. As a result
there were great Muslim physicians, mathematicians,
astronomers, geographers and other experts during the
great days of Muslim civilization. But later, knowledge
was interpreted as religious knowledge only. The study
of other kinds was regarded as either sinful or
lacking in merit and not contributing to the afterlife.
So the pursuit of knowledge, other than the
specifically religious, was neglected. To this day
we neglect such knowledge. Muslim students studying
nonreligious subjects feel guilty. They try to make
up by devoting as much of their time as possible to
various so-called Islamic activities to earn merit.
The result is that Muslim students hardly ever achieve
excellence in the sciences and other important
subjects, including the research so necessary to
compete with the the non-Muslim world.

One of the fundamental teachings of Islam is the
need to be equipped with the weapons and defense
capability to instill fear in the enemy and to
defend Muslims. This teaching is obviously neglected.
The Jews, with just 13 million people in the whole
world, can defeat the forces of 1.3 billion Muslims.
In fact, just about anyone can oppress any Muslim
country. There is nothing the Muslim states can do
beyond crying and appealing for justice.

The Muslim world is hopelessly weak and backward.
We must banish the idea that the only knowledge that
we need is about Islam. Neglect of other knowledge
has led to our lack of industrial capacity and our
inability to invent and produce weapons to instill
fear in the enemy and defend ourselves.
                   ------------
 This comment was adapted by the International Herald
 Tribune from a speech to the International Forum on
 Islam in Kuala Lumpur on July 19.

Copyright © 2002 The International Herald Tribune

     5.   QUOTES TO NOTE

     “I was on my way to lunch. There was a huge,
      huge explosion. Everything shook and then
      there was this deathly silence.”

Hebrew University student Alastair Gol- drein, 19,
from Liverpool, England, after a suicide bomb rocked
a cafeteria at the university’s Mt. Scopus campus
July 31, killing seven and injuring an additional 86,
14 of them seriously.

     6.    HIGHLIGHT ARTICLES ON OUR SITE

UN-DIPLOMATIC BEHAVIOR
For all the dramatic changes that have taken place
in the world since September 11, there is one global
institution that stubbornly persists in excusing and
exonerating Palestinian terrorism. With its
decades-old tradition of one-sided decisions
lambasting Israel, the United Nations has rightly
earned the scorn and derision with which it is
viewed in many quarters.
http://christianactionforisrael.org/un/undiplomatic.html

THOSE WHO CURSE THE JEWS AND THOSE WHO BLESS THE JEWS
God "will bless those who bless the Jews and curse
whoever curses the Jews." ..think about the world
today. Look at who most blesses the Jews and who
most curses them, and you decide whether the verse
in Genesis has validity.
http://christianactionforisrael.org/antiholo/curse.html

THE FOURTH DIMENSION OF AGGRESSION
If the attacked Jews exercise self-defense through
force of arms and, moreover, inflict severe punishment
on the Arab perpetrators, then the Arabs immediately
develop a "selective amnesia", considering themselves
innocent victims of the vicious enemy.
http://christianactionforisrael.org/isreport/july02/4thd.html