PTL

Frances Morey frances_morey@excite.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:22:01 -0800 (PST)

Jon,
Despite my fondness for the "Pass the Librium" version, you are right in
your interpretation, ie. that we have fanatics, too, witness, the "Praise
the Lord NETWORK!" no less. I used to watch Jim and Tammy Faye, aghast at
their shallowness and greed. They were not so much fanatic or religious as
they were eco-terrorists, taking money from the poor and the stupid. Packy's
last name is Gunter, not Gunther, though he might answer to it.
Merry Christmas Eve,
Frances

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:23:04 -0800, Jon Ford wrote:

>  My interpretation is that "PTL" is Gunther-speak for "Praise the Lord"--
>  since Osama goes around muttering "Praise Allah" thus revealing his
nut-like
>  fanaticism, Packy is doing him one better by doing a nut-case Christian
>  version of the same fanaticism, with some venting thrown in!
>
>  Jon
>

>  >From: "Jim Baldauf" <jfbaldauf@prodigy.net>
>  >To: "Forrest Gunter" <fpgunter@hotmail.com>, <michaele@ando.pair.com>,
>  ><austin-ghetto-list@pairlist.net>
>  >Subject: Re: gotta vent gotta vent
>  >Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:15:50 -0600
>  >
>  >Sorry to be so dense, but what the hell is the meaning of "PTL !!!!!"?
>  >Is this some kinda cyber-speak like IMHO? Or what?
>  >Please advise,
>  >jb

"The Skinny on Weight Loss: One Woman's
True Journey to Fat and Back" by Frances Morey
Order online <www.xlibris.com/bookstore>
or by phone at 1-888-795-4274 Extension #276

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com