affordable housing/homeless?

Jon Ford jonmfordster@hotmail.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:31:18 -0800

Here in Palo Alto, there is supposedly much  more affordable housing than
before the dot.com debacle. I personally have been contemplating lowering
the rent on the studio-style basement hovel I rent out to a couple of down
and out  former dot comers, both of whom still manage to drive BMWs.
However, upon perusing the local newspaper, I discovered that "affordable"
here still means "affordable for those with at least five-six figure
incomes," so I breathed  a sigh of relief-- homeless  folks, you're out of
luck--again. However, I did refrain from my usual hefty holiday increase and
let it stay stable at a figure that used to be what you'd pay  for  monthly
mortgage and property taxes on an entire house.

Jon "Scrooge" MacFord