Delolation Row

Jon Ford jonmfordster@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:06:25 -0800

Dian-- considering the song was written 36 or so years ago, probably at a
time Dylan was generally stoned, his response to his early work,
no matter how much we may still like it,his current response is fairly
unremarkable. To see how far he's travelled since those days, check out his
recent "Love and Theft"-- he may sing the oldies still, but his recent songs
are clearly those of a 60 year old, and they give me
a lift in a weird sort of way--I can identify with them in the "now." He's
not trying to be 20 something any more, like so many aging rockers.

Jon